In August, Dinah Morgan, a third grade teacher on our campus, was diagnosed with cancer. She has already undergone two surgeries and is working with her doctors to make plans for the next steps. White Oak Elementary would like to support this family by having a “Coins for Cancer” Campaign. The campaign will begin Monday and run the entire week of September 23-27. Students may bring any spare change, or any amount of donations, during the designated week. Each day the money will be collected in each classroom and stored in the office vault. On Friday, the funds will be counted and we will post the total amount collected for this family.
While we are collecting coins, students will be encouraged to follow a daily theme, much like the upcoming “Red Ribbon Week”. Daily themes are:
- Monday – Crazy Socks Day – Students may wear crazy socks.
- Tuesday – Hat Day – Students may wear hats to school.
- Wednesday – Crazy Hair Day – Student may wear their hair in a crazy fashion.
- Thursday – Rock Out Cancer Day – Students may wear Rock N’ Roll themed clothes. (These must remain in compliance with the Dress Code.)
- Friday – School Spirit Day – Students may paint their faces with White Oak colors.
This campaign and/or the daily themed activities are not mandatory. If you are not able to donate, please keep this family in your thoughts.